- Blackstone and CVC Ready to Bet on Risky Side of PaymentsPrivate equity groups Blackstone and CVC are looking to join the payments party with a preliminary near-$4 billion offer for U.K.-listed Paysafe, the company revealed Friday. It looks like a gamble Paysafe shareholders should welcome.
- GE's New Boss Should Embrace NegativityQuarterly earnings show that General Electric’s new chief will have a tough time meeting lofty expectations for 2018
- The Euro May Be Rising, But Money Is Still EasyEuropean Central Bank President Mario Draghi said Thursday that the euro’s gains had “received some attention” on the ECB Governing Council, but the currency isn’t the only factor that counts for financial conditions.
- Don't Trust Capital One's MathCapital One sees default rates declining after a worrying jump, but investors should stay skeptical.
- BHP Sees a Hungry Planet, Elliott Sees Another Shale DisasterBHP has written off billions in U.S. shale investments, but it is poised to plow a substantial amount of funds into potassium fertilizer, or potash. Activist shareholder Elliott is kicking up a fuss.
Speaker: Henri Moudi, Panelist Topic: “Finding Yield in a ZIRP Environment”
Date: February 26, 2013 Location: San Francisco, CA